We are currently seeking a talented experienced Data Engineer to join us.
Who We Are:
Dedicated to making a difference in our communities, our Vision is to elevate law enforcement in the United States with a preventative-based early intervention system using data science and machine learning — to analyze police officer performance data in order to identify potentially problematic behavior. In partnership with the University of Chicago, we’ve developed the world’s largest multi-jurisdictional officer performance database, and the ONLY research-driven, evidence-based early intervention system available in policing today.
We’re also the ONLY provider of a fully integrated, cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that simplifies essential policing workflows. This platform is designed to be a one-stop-shop for all operational needs, driving extensive efficiency gains and providing best-in-class advanced analytics and insights.
We are an all-in-one solution that is advancing police force management through state-of-the-art technology and market-leading data and analytics.
- Build and implement ETL data processes touching millions of records and spanning multiple customer systems
- Design, enhance and automate end-to-end data platform processes
- Collaborate with team members across the organization to improve product data quality, data pipeline efficiency, and data platform performance
- Manage an existing Python-based toolset for ETL (django+airflow) and modeling (Scikit learn and licensed software)
- Build tools to intergrade, deploy, monitor, and archive machine learning models developed by our data scientists
- Extract and transform data from large file-based and server-based datasets
- Write, review and maintain code and configurations for performing data aggregations and manipulations
- Work with leadership and peers to drive decisions and measure progress through agile and scrum processes
- Analyze entire ETL processes, identify inefficiencies, suggest improvements
- Build code with a focus on quality, by developing automated tests that verify all new and changed functionality, as part of routine software development
- Support process documentation as necessary to prepare the team and company for growth/scale
- Prepare presentations and reports based on the results of work/analysis
- Educate and learn from internal teams on ETL data engineering best practices, relevant knowledge, and specific skills
- Work with the research, product, and engineering teams to critique and iteratively improve results
- 3+ years of experience in engineering data pipelines, analytics infrastructure and integrating platforms:
- Experience with building python-based data pipeline and ETL systems
- Experience building applications for end-users and in-house analysts
- Experience with Python 3
- Experience working with and without AWS infrastructure/software
- Experience troubleshooting problems throughout the stack
- Enjoys writing queries, looking at data, and testing assumptions:
- Excellent understanding of ETL processes and relational databases
- Strong in data engineering development technologies (e.g., SQL, Python, Django) and data sense
- Strong technical aptitude and technical acquisition skills (ability to work with and develop skills in technical products)
- Has a strong sense of process (ability to understand how steps relate to each other to achieve end results)
- Has the ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Works and communicates well with others:
- Has empathy for colleagues and customers
- Able to receive and respond positively to feedback
- Able to work independently with reasonable guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations)
- Able to effectively communicate across multiple levels (team members, managers) in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer:
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that has a real impact on the world
- A diverse workforce and inclusive environment that embraces unique contributions and experiences
- An empowered culture that encourages creativity and professional growth
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Ability to work in a fully-remote environment (must be based in the U.S. and willing to work in Central Time Zone)
How to Apply:
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
- If you would like to apply, please email your resume to [email protected].