Who We Are:
Dedicated to making a difference in law enforcement agencies across the U.S., our mission is to transform policing by elevating officer performance with a preventative-based early intervention system. Driven by data science and powered by machine learning, our offering analyzes officer performance data in order to identify potentially problematic behavior. In partnership with the University of Chicago, we’ve developed the world’s largest multi-jurisdictional officer performance database, and the only research-driven, evidence-based early intervention system available in policing today.
We’re also the only provider of a fully integrated, cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that simplifies essential policing workflows. This platform is designed to be a single-source solution for all operational needs, driving extensive efficiency gains and providing best-in-class advanced analytics and insights.
Benchmark Analytics provides a comprehensive, all-in-one solution that is advancing police force management through state-of-the-art technology and market-leading data and analytics.
We seek a talented Associate Data Scientist to join us as we develop our data-driven, analytic-focused, and predictive products to help revolutionize the law enforcement risk management ecosystem. As an Associate Data Scientist, you’ll get to:
- To support the building, reviewing, and refining of machine learning models related to risk assessment and mitigation efforts for law enforcement.
- Build data pipelines for extracting thousands of variables across 10s/100s of millions of records;
- Collaborate with the Benchmark Research Team and other employees to build/enhance user-centered data products.
If you want to work with passionate and intelligent individuals dedicated to positively impacting society through data, this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience that first-hand.
- Assist experienced data scientists in constructing, enhancing, and validating machine learning and statistical models relating to law enforcement risk and effectiveness measurement.
- Build and implement data pipelines to transform/reshape data.
- Design and code custom visualizations that support client comprehension of results using Python packages such as Seaborn and Matplotlib.
- Write, review, and maintain Python code and configurations (SQL/YAML/etc.) for machine learning models in production.
- Prepare presentations and reports based on the results of work/analysis.
- Create process documentation as necessary to prepare the team and company for growth/scale.
- Collaborate with other data scientists and analysts to support product improvement.
- Work with stakeholders to drive decisions and measure progress.
- Build and review test cases for modeling processes and pipelines.
- Educate and learn from internal teams on best practices, relevant knowledge, and specific skills.
- Work with the research, product, and engineering teams to iteratively improve results.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has:
- Masters in a quantitative field or computer science preferred, but all applicants are considered based on education, experience and demonstrated skills (e.g., GitHub repositories)
- Experience building and selecting machine learning models (e.g., logistic regression, decision trees, random forest, SVM, etc.) to solve real-world business problems or answer academic questions.
- Experience building data pipelines for resources including structure/unstructured flat files, S3 buckets, and relational databases.
- Skilled python programmer confident in creating functions and classes using Python.
- Proficient in using SQL to craft custom queries to extract data from databases.
- Proficient in using Git and GitLab/Github to collaborate on code repositories.
- Strong sense of process (ability to understand how steps relate to each other to achieve end results).
- Strong data and numeric sense (central tendency, patterns vs noise, etc.).
- Able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to anticipate challenging situations and proactively plan appropriate actions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations).
- Strong sense for working and communicating well with others:
- Has empathy for colleagues and customers.
- Able to receive and respond positively to feedback.
- Able to effectively communicate across multiple levels (customers, team members, managers) in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Ability to work in a fully remote environment (must be based in the U.S. and willing to work in Central Time Zone).
- Medical, dental, and vision plan offerings along with 401(k).
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- Other Voluntary Benefits include additional Life Insurance, Spouse Life Insurance, and Accident Insurance.
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that has real impact in the world.
- A diverse workforce and inclusive environment that embraces unique contributions and experiences.
- An empowered culture that encourages creativity and professional growth.
How to Apply:
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
- If interested, please email your resume to [email protected]