We are currently seeking a talented Data Engineer with a data focus to join us as we develop our data-driven, analytics-focused and predictive software products to help revolutionize the law enforcement space. As a Data Engineer, you’ll get to build the systems that power our products. You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship great code. In this cross-functional role, you will collaborate with team members across the organization to build mission-critical features that power Benchmark Analytics’ products.
If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand.
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines and standards
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Integrate with the DevOps and QA teams to create highly available deployments and CI/CD pipelines
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
The ideal candidate will be someone who has:
- Experience as a generalist working on both the backend, infrastructure and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Pride in holding yourself and others to high standards when working in production
- Experience troubleshooting problems throughout the stack
- A focus on the needs of our users, both internal and external
- Empathy with their users and colleagues and intent on creating great experiences
- Skills for upholding best practices in engineering, security, and databases
- Knowledge to understand your way around cloud services platforms
Projects You Could Work On:
- Developing data pipelines to stream data from our integration partners into our system
- Informing our data architecture decisions and creating observable metrics around our data systems
- Collaborate with our DevOps practice to fine tune highly available deployments both in Cloud and data center environments
- Developing and implementing a strategy for automated test coverage and continual improvement across this goal
- Unlimited vacation/sick time
- Awesome BCBS health benefits as well as dental, vision and life
- 401(k) employer match
- Growing company with tons of room for career advancement
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications for those candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.