We are looking for a full-time Strategic Sales Director to close leads and opportunities in a business category that is dynamic and inspiring – the Federal Government. You’ll work closely with both our inside sales and marketing teams, and will play a critical role in our sales process. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a game-changing company, develop and lead a new vertical, as well as grow with a seasoned team of pros who have tech start-up, law enforcement, and public service backgrounds.
The Stategic Sales Director is an individual contributor and full sales cycle role that is responsible for identifying, developing, and leading the successful capture of business opportunities ranging from quick implementations of packaged solutions with recurring revenue tails to larger multiyear, multi-million-dollar projects.
Strategic Sales Director Responsibilities Include:
- Developing, maintaining, and executing Account Plans for all accounts within an assigned territory;
- Developing and maintaining constructive and collaborative working relationships with primarily prospective clients – striving to earn, establish, and cultivate a true trusted advisor status;
- Qualification of specific opportunities and leading the discussion of related bid/no-bid recommendations, ultimately serving as the capture manager for opportunities being pursued;
- Working collaboratively with various teams within Benchmark Analytics in the development of various strategies, markets, offerings, and initiatives – with the objective of positively contributing the growth and success of fellow colleagues, business units, and the company as a whole.
The ideal candidate will be someone who:
- High energy, with a positive “Can Do” attitude, comfortable with a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Must be a proactive, resourceful self-starter, able to take initiative, and be accountable for results.
- A strong ethical foundation, capable of thriving in an environment and culture where honesty, integrity, and accountability are core values.
- Successful experience in selling software and solutions to government entities
- Strong and versatile problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Who We Are:
Founded by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS technology startup housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s Northside. In partnership with the University of Chicago (who is part owner of our company), we are building a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement human capital management. Our series of predictive tools help police departments support officers along a wellness continuum and provides individualized, research-based interventions and supports.
We are a double-bottom line company – our management team is comprised of former police officers, former city officials, and current change-makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government….and in this case, improve policing. If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, and building amazing software we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand. We’re an agile, fast-growing company and you’ll get to do much more as the company grows.
What We Offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing company with a purpose
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that is making a difference within the institution of policing and law enforcement
- The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
- We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building!
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply for the Senior Developer role, please email your resume to [email protected].