Who We Are:
Dedicated to making a difference in our communities, our Vision is to elevate law enforcement in the United States with a preventative-based early intervention system using data science and machine learning — to analyze police officer performance data in order to identify potentially problematic behavior. In partnership with the University of Chicago, we’ve developed the world’s largest multi-jurisdictional officer performance database, and the ONLY research-driven, evidence-based early intervention system available in policing today.
We’re also the ONLY provider of a fully integrated, cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that simplifies essential policing workflows. This platform is designed to be a one-stop shop for all operational needs, driving extensive efficiency gains and providing best-in-class advanced analytics and insights.
We are an all-in-one solution that is advancing police force management through state-of-the-art technology and market-leading data and analytics.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design, develop, and maintain our Benchmark reporting SQL database(s).
- Write efficient SQL queries, optimize existing queries, and troubleshoot performance issues to enhance database performance.
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Collaborate with business analysts and stakeholders to develop and maintain data-driven reports and dashboards
- Participate and perform peer reviews on SQL queries before production release
- Participate in Kanban by attending daily standup
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM field or equivalent (e.g. Computer science, Engineering, etc.)
- Proven success in SQL, PL/SQL, RDBMS preferably Postgres
- Proven success in developing SQL reporting queries against OLAP servers
- Proven success in developing SQL queries against OLTP servers
- Proven success in SQL analysis including an understanding of SQL explains and analyzers.
- Proven success in creating/maintaining SQL procedures and functions
- Proven success in preparing datasets for business intelligence tools and data analysis
- An understanding of SQL transactions and transaction lifecycle.
- Has an understanding of data schema designs and the use-cases for each
- Has the ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Experience with data modeling and database design principles.
- Knowledge of database performance optimization techniques.
- Works and communicates well with others:
- Has empathy for colleagues and customers
- Able to receive and respond positively to feedback
- 4-5 years general SQL development
- 2-3 years in Postgres SQL language
- Strong understanding/use of window functions
- Strong understanding/use of SQL procedures
- Strong understanding/use of SQL functions
- Understanding of SQL views/Materialized Views
- Understanding of SQL CTE’s
- Nice to have: Familiarity with the practical application of NoSQL/NewSQL databases
- Nice to have: AWS reporting
- Nice to have: experience with Python
Position does not have direct reports but is expected to assist in guiding and mentoring less experienced staff.
What We Offer:
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that has real impact in the world
- A diverse workforce and inclusive environment that embraces unique contributions and experiences
- An empowered culture that encourages creativity and professional growth
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Ability to work in a fully remote environment (must be based in the U.S. and willing to work in Central Time Zone)
How to Apply:
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
- If interested, please email your resume to [email protected]