We are currently seeking a talented Software Engineer with experience in both front and backend technologies to join us as we develop our data driven, analytic focused and predictive software products to help revolutionize the law enforcement space. As a Software Engineer, you’ll get to build the systems that power our products. You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship great code. In this cross functional role, you will collaborate with team members across the organization to build mission critical features that power Benchmark Analytics’ products.
If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Integrate with the DevOps and QA teams to create highly available deployments and CI/CD pipelines
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
The ideal candidate will be someone who has:
- Experience as a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Pride in holding yourself and others to high standards when working in production
- Experience troubleshooting problems throughout the stack
- A focus on the needs of our users, both internal and external
- A focus on how data moves between the front and back end to maintain consistency throughout all our products
- Empathy with their users and colleagues and intent on creating great experiences
- Skills for upholding best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Knowledge to understand your way around cloud services platforms
Projects You Could Work On:
- Building out a templating service to help our customers collect data specific to their needs
- Collaborate with our DevOps practice to fine tune highly available deployments both in Cloud and data center environments
- Developing and implementing a strategy for automated test coverage and continual improvement across this goal
- Developing more robust search functionality and capability in the app
What We Offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing, young company
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that makes a big difference in the world
- The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
- A competitive base salary and flexible PTO policy
- We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
- Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building.
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.