Who we are:
Dedicated to making a difference in law enforcement agencies across the U.S., our mission is to transform policing by elevating officer performance with a preventative-based early intervention system. Driven by data science and powered by machine learning, our offering analyzes officer performance data in order to identify potentially problematic behavior. In partnership with the University of Chicago, we’ve developed the world’s largest multi-jurisdictional officer performance database, and the only research-driven, evidence-based early intervention system available in policing today.
We’re also the only provider of a fully integrated, cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that simplifies essential policing workflows. This platform is designed to be a single-source solution for all operational needs, driving extensive efficiency gains and providing best-in-class advanced analytics and insights.
Benchmark Analytics provides a comprehensive, all-in-one solution that is advancing police force management through state-of-the-art technology and market-leading data and analytics.
The Role: Product Owner – Early Intervention & Risk Solutions
Benchmark Analytics is looking for an experienced Senior Product Owner who excels at finding smart solutions to challenging problems. Driven by the objective of improving policing in America, deep understanding of our users and the challenges they are facing will be critical to creating a product that is valuable to a wide variety of stakeholders.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you will deliver intuitive solutions for our research and analytics-based products, First Sign and iMPACT, in service of our fastest growing verticals. This role is ideal for someone that can thrive in an ambiguous problem space, by evangelizing a product vision to a variety of stakeholders, driving execution and sweating details. It is essential that you are curious and eager to dig deep into problems, with an eye for simplifying the solution. Working closely with the research, risk, operations and engineering teams, you will build strong collaborative relationships to validate that we are iteratively solving the right problems, delivering valuable, customer-focused and scalable product improvements.
- Product Development and Execution: You will deliver scalable features for training, certification and analytics products, in support of critical customers and market expansion opportunities.
- Stakeholder Management & Product Design: You will partner with cross-functional team members to solicit customer feedback, and then take that feedback to synthesize user insights and system capabilities into a point of view on how to solve customer problems in an iterative, scalable and strategic manner.
- Roadmap / Backlog Management: You will maintain a well-organized backlog with clearly prioritized and appropriately detailed user stories, negotiating trade-offs to regularly deliver high-quality releases with maximum value to end users.
- Product Launch: You will evangelize your product via work with internal and external users, through feature development and launch to ensure feature adoption and end user feedback. You will help train internal end users and manage documentation for your products.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in software development with B2B /gov tech focus (enterprise SaaS highly preferred).
- Familiar with the needs of businesses that support mission-critical operations and 24×7 support/uptime.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager on an Agile software development team.
- Self-directed, driven, comfortable under pressure and able to take initiative to get things done in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Detail-oriented, with an ability to dig deep to get to the core of a customer problem and define a solution.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use numbers and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
- Experience with user interviews and synthesizing user insights into feature delivery.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation). Able to communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers, customer service, operations and other key stakeholders.
- Highly empathic, with intellectual curiosity and excellent interpersonal skills. Able to build strong relationships across the company.
The ideal candidate will also be:
- Experience working for an early to late-stage startup.
- Familiar with learning management systems, data visualization, BI tools and/or law enforcement/criminal justice.
- Fearless about learning with a service mindset.
- Passionate about our double-bottom line philosophy.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Ability to work in a fully remote environment (must be based in the U.S. and willing to work in Central Time Zone).
- Medical, dental, and vision plan offerings along with 401(k).
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- Other Voluntary Benefits include additional Life Insurance, Spouse Life Insurance, and Accident Insurance.
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that has real impact in the world.
- A diverse workforce and inclusive environment that embraces unique contributions and experiences.
- An empowered culture that encourages creativity and professional growth
How to Apply:
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
- If interested, please email your resume to [email protected].