We are currently seeking a talented experienced Senior Product Manager to join us as we develop our data-driven, analytics-focused products designed to revolutionize the law enforcement sector. Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, as Senior Product Manager for Customer Experience, you will have the opportunity to:
- Evangelize a vision for your product area that develops scalable enterprise SaaS solutions for our diverse customer base.
- Set the roadmap for your product domain in partnership with business leaders and maintain a well-groomed backlog of user stories for the development team to complete.
- Be part of a mission-driven team building a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement human capital management. Our series of predictive tools help police departments support officers along a wellness continuum and provides individualized, research-based interventions and supports.
If you are interested in working with passionate and intelligent individuals dedicated to positively impacting society through data, technology, and applied analytics we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity for you.
- Lead discovery, design, roadmap, and software development for critical customer products and features.
- Partner with cross-functional team members to understand and define detailed product requirements, with a mindset for strategically solving customer problems in an iterative and scalable way.
- Work with our users, both external and internal, including formulating go-to-market strategy and interfacing directly with customers throughout feature development and launch. You will help train internal end-users and manage documentation for your products.
- Identify and execute on opportunities for product improvement identified through quantitative measurement and feedback from end-users.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager on an Agile software development team focusing on delivering value to customers quickly and often.
- Drive, comfort in ambiguity and under pressure, and is able to take initiative to get things done in a fast-paced environment with high-stakes deadlines.
- Ability to ask good, thoughtful questions that get to the detail of the customer problem before defining a solution.
- Experience with user interviews and translating results into well-defined requirements and user stories.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation). Able to communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers, customer service, operations, and other key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use numbers and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
- High empathy, intellectual curiosity, and excellent interpersonal skills. Able to build strong relationships across the company.
Who We Are:
Founded by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS technology startup housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s Northside. In partnership with the University of Chicago (who is part owner of our company), we are building a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement human capital management. Our series of predictive tools help police departments support officers along a wellness continuum and provides individualized, research-based interventions and supports.
We are a double-bottom line company – our management team is comprised of former police officers, former city officials, and current change-makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government….and in this case, improve policing. If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, and building amazing software we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand. We’re an agile, fast-growing company and you’ll get to do much more as the company grows.
What We Offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing company with a purpose
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that is making a difference within the institution of policing and law enforcement
- The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
- We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building!
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply for the Project Manager role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.