We are currently seeking a talented Senior Developer to join us and grow our architecture team, as we continue to evolve our SaaS platform to satisfy the needs of our quickly growing enterprise-scale customer base.
If you are interested in building the platform for improving public sector operations while collaborating with experienced entrepreneurs, we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand.
Senior Developer Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Architect, you will:
- Be a contributor as part of the architecture team
- Report to the Head Architect but take technical guidance from the Associate Architect
- Assist the Architect in executing on technical initiatives that have cross-platform impact such as the creation of framework components as part of the platform’s growing microservice architecture
- Investigate and understand the operation of parts of the legacy monolith especially as relates to their integration to other parts of the overall architecture, and contribute to a plan to extract the functionality to microservices
- Assist in troubleshooting platform issues and building out stability-oriented initiatives
The ideal candidate will be someone who:
- Has 8+ years of experience in enterprise SaaS platform development with:
- Extensive experience with Java Spring Boot a solid plus
- Excellent SQL and database experience, preferably in Postgres
- Ability to investigate and comprehend node.js (although will not generally be required to code using node.js)
- Experience with microservices and message/event-driven architectures
- Experience with docker containerization
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines (GitLab preferred)
- Experience with AWS; Azure is a bonus
- Works and communicates well with others:
- Has empathy for colleagues and customers
- Able to receive and respond positively to feedback
- Able to work independently with limited guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations)
- Able to effectively communicate across multiple levels (team members, managers) in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are:
Founded by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS technology startup housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s Northside. In partnership with the University of Chicago (who is part owner of our company), we are building a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement human capital management. Our series of predictive tools help police departments support officers along a wellness continuum and provides individualized, research-based interventions and supports.
We are a double-bottom line company – our management team is comprised of former police officers, former city officials, and current change makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government….and in this case, improve policing. If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, and building amazing software we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand. We’re an agile, fast-growing company and you’ll get to do much more as the company grows.
What we offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing company with a purpose
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that is making a difference within the institution of policing and law enforcement
- The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
- We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building!
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply for the Senior Developer role, please email your resume to [email protected].