Benchmark Analytics is looking for a Senior Accountant to work with the Controller to manage accounting and other duties in the finance department. The company desires a self-motivated and experienced accountant who is looking for an opportunity to further develop their skills in a dynamic environment. This hybrid/work-from-home position reports to the Controller and will work closely with the CFO. This role will be responsible for monthly accounting close, supporting the financial audit, processing payroll and managing accounts payable and following up on aged receivables. The candidate should have several years of accounting experience, and thrive in a fast paced, hands-on environment. As the company grows and the finance team expands, the candidate will have the opportunity for upward mobility.
If you are interested in working with passionate and intelligent individuals dedicated to positively impacting society through data, then we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience that first-hand.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the CFO, you will:
- Reconcile accounts monthly to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Process payroll
- Manage accounts payable to ensure accurate expense classification and work with CFO for timely and accurate bill payments
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Manage aging accounts receivables (e.g., collections)
- Prepare documents for annual (external) auditors and assist CFO in managing audit responses
- Support finance team in other areas as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years accounting experience
Who You Are:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strongly proficient in QuickBooks Online
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Knowledge of standard accounting; SaaS revenue recognition rules is advantageous
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter, can work independently, and is comfortable asking questions across the organization
Who We Are:
Founded by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS technology startup housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s Northside. In partnership with the University of Chicago (who is part owner of our company), we are building a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement human capital management. Our series of predictive tools help police departments support officers along a wellness continuum and provides individualized, research-based interventions and supports.
We are a double-bottom line company – our management team is comprised of former police officers, former city officials, and current change makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government….and in this case, improve policing. If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, and building amazing software we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand. We’re an agile, fast-growing company and you’ll get to do much more as the company grows.
What we offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing company with a purpose
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that is making a difference within the institution of policing and law enforcement
- The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
- We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building!
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply for the Senior Accountant role, please email your resume to [email protected].