We are currently seeking a talented Research Consultant to join us as we continue to grow our SaaS analytics business. As a Research Consultant, you’ll get to:
- Engage with Police Departments to support the implementation of First Sign — the only research-based Early Intervention System
- Use your analytical and problem-solving skills to implement, use, quality check, and explain complex analytical dashboards
- Use your interpersonal savviness and data integration skills to set client expectations and take a consultative approach to implementing and further developing our analytic tools
If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research, and data analytics, we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity.
- Support clients (Police Departments) throughout the implementation of First Sign, the only research-based Early Intervention System.
- Utilize Excel and other data analysis and manipulation tools to tell stories through data.
- Become an expert on our data systems, tables, and services; utilize this expertise to assist clients with data transfer and migration.
- Maintain client project records and data documentation by updating company-defined systems using Jira, Confluence, and Excel.
- Handle interaction with clients with clear, polished communication.
- Collaborate on processes and documentation to iteratively improve the implementation process, including supporting the iteration and evolution of our products and tools.
- Utilize research, technical, and client engagement skills to improve Benchmark’s product offerings and client implementation experience.
- Configure the Early Intervention System to specifications provided by clients, data scientists, and other stakeholders.
- Grow and develop policing knowledge to better assist clients during implementation and system use.
- Produce reports, analyses, and documentation as required by external and internal stakeholders.
- Periodic travel within the U.S. is required.
- BA or BS required
- Proficiency in Excel and other data visualization and manipulation tools
- Strong technical aptitude and analytic sense (ability to understand how to use data to drive insights)
- Comfort speaking about and presenting complex topics to external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to convey information using data visualizations, reports, and presentations
- Ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Experience in data migration, transfer, and collection is desirable but not required
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels (clients, team members, managers)
- Interest in Policing, Policing Research, and/or Early Intervention Systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations)
- Hunger to learn and contribute
Who We Are:
Founded by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS technology startup housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s Northside. In partnership with the University of Chicago (who is part owner of our company), we are building a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement human capital management. Our series of predictive tools help police departments support officers along a wellness continuum and provides individualized, research-based interventions and support.
We are a double-bottom line company – our management team is comprised of former police officers, former city officials, and current change-makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government….and in this case, improve policing. If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, and building amazing software we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand. We’re an agile, fast-growing company and you’ll get to do much more as the company grows.
What We Offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing company with a purpose
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that is making a difference within the institution of policing and law enforcement
- The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
- We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits package.
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply for the Research Consultant role, please email your resume to [email protected].