Who We Are:
Founded by a seasoned group of serial software entrepreneurs who have years of experience in policing and city governance, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS solutions provider housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s north side. In collaboration with our research partners, led by a strategic alliance with the University of Chicago to commercialize their research, we have built a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement workforce management and early intervention. We are a double-bottom line company – our management team is comprised of former police personnel, former city officials, and current change makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government.
We are currently seeking a talented Research Consultant to join us as we develop our data driven, analytic focused and predictive products to help revolutionize the law enforcement sector. As a Research Consultant, you’ll get to:
- coordinate between clients and research team to implement our revolutionary analytics and predictive product suite on-time with quality in mind;
- project manage the client onboarding process, and facilitate ongoing improvements while creating an exceptional customer experience;
- use your interpersonal savviness to set client expectations and take a consultative approach to implementing our analytic tools;
If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand.
- Handle all levels of interaction with customers with clear, polished communication, ensuring best-in-class service and complete customer satisfaction.
- Ensure customer success and satisfaction in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintain customer records by updating company-defined systems (e.g. Salesforce, Jira, Confluence).
- Become a system expert on analytic system features, functions, and capabilities.
- Collaborate on processes and documentation to iteratively improve the implementation and support-related work, including supporting the iteration and evolution of the user experience in our analytic tools.
- Be an expert time manager with ability to independently facilitate multiple implementation projects simultaneously.
- Work with stakeholders to drive decisions and measure progress through data analysis.
- Support process documentation as necessary to prepare the team and company for growth/scale.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has:
- A zeal for building, refining, and delivering exceptional customer experiences.
- Strong analytic sense (ability to understand how to use data to drive customer insight, and support change management).
- Strong technical aptitude and technical acquisition skills (ability to work with and develop skills in technical products).
- Ability to convey information using data visualizations.
- Experience in supporting and developing data/analytics products.
- Experience in data collection.
- Ability to anticipate challenging situations and proactively plan appropriate actions.
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels (customers, team members, managers).
- Strong communication skills and ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines.
- Empathy for colleagues and customers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
The Fine Print and How to Apply.
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits package.
Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications for those candidates who are authorized to work in the US. If you’d like to apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.