We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Data Analyst to join us to ensure we build a quality product as we continue to grow our predictive analytics business. As a Quality Assurance Data Analyst, you will get to:
- Interpret, build upon, and comply with company quality assurance standards. Carefully maintain complaint and nonconformance processing through records and tracking systems, including root cause and corrective actions
- Develop new standards for production and design, with improvements as needed, and create testing protocols for implementation across all service lines
- Collaborate with the Benchmark Research Team members across the organization that focus on improving product data quality, data pipeline efficiency and data platform performance
If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand.
Working with leadership and peers to:
- Ensure data and analytics engineering team delivers a high quality, scalable and maintainable product.
- Manage code change in a robust, secure manner.
- Plan, execute, and oversee the testing of incoming and outgoing data to confirm accuracy and conformance to specifications.
- Track, document, and report quality levels.
- Develop or update company complaint and inspection procedures to ensure documentation, inspection, and resolution of complaints.
- Analyze and investigate product complaints/issues to ensure closure in accordance with company requirements.
- Provide training and support to quality assurance team on systems, policies, procedures, and core processes.
- Facilitate product ownership and scrum activates
- Partner with cross-functional team members to collect and document detailed product requirements.
- Build in-depth product knowledge to identify product improvement opportunities through agile scrum activities
The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally organized, methodical professional with the experience necessary to take our products to the next level with respect to accuracy, security, and safety. You will be charged with developing a complete QA program that not only safeguards the quality of our products, but also fosters a “quality culture”, in which all employees become actively engaged in guaranteeing quality in both production and the finished product.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional certification, such as Six Sigma, Quality Engineer, or Quality Auditor
Who You Are:
- Superb computer competence, including database management
- Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices and defect management practice
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology and how QA functions within it
- Works and communicates well with others:
- Has empathy for colleagues and customers
- Able to receive and respond positively to feedback
- Able to work independently with reasonable guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations)
- Able to effectively communicate across multiple levels (team members, managers) in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are:
Founded by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS technology startup housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s Northside. In partnership with the University of Chicago (who is part owner of our company), we are building a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement human capital management. Our series of predictive tools help police departments support officers along a wellness continuum and provides individualized, research-based interventions and supports.
We are a double-bottom line company – our management team is comprised of former police officers, former city officials, and current change makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government….and in this case, improve policing. If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, and building amazing software we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand. We’re an agile, fast-growing company and you’ll get to do much more as the company grows.
What We Offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing company with a purpose
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that is making a difference within the institution of policing and law enforcement
- The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
- We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building!
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply, please email your resume to [email protected].