Who we are:
Dedicated to making a difference in law enforcement agencies across the U.S., our mission is to transform policing by elevating officer performance with a preventative-based early intervention system. Driven by data science and powered by machine learning, our offering analyzes officer performance data in order to identify potentially problematic behavior. In partnership with the University of Chicago, we’ve developed the world’s largest multi-jurisdictional officer performance database, and the only research-driven, evidence-based early intervention system available in policing today.
We’re also the only provider of a fully integrated, cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that simplifies essential policing workflows. This platform is designed to be a single-source solution for all operational needs, driving extensive efficiency gains and providing best-in-class advanced analytics and insights.
Benchmark Analytics provides a comprehensive, all-in-one solution that is advancing police force management through state-of-the-art technology and market-leading data and analytics.
The Role: Operations Coordinator
Benchmark Analytics is looking for a Controller to work with the Vice President – Finance to manage the accounting function, its team members and carry out duties typical of a Controller.
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced Controller who is looking for an opportunity to further develop their skills in a dynamic environment for a Software as a Service (SaaS) company. This hybrid/work-from-home position reports to the Vice President of Finance.
- Owning the end-to-end accounting process (e.g., expense management, monthly accounting close).
- Verifying the accuracy of financial reports.
- Overseeing internal controls to prevent errors, fraud, and security breaches.
- Ensuring financials are GAAP compliant, including ASC 606.
- Supporting the external accounting (CPA) firm at tax and audit time.
- Introducing automation to enhance finance and accounting efficiency and cut down on manual work and errors, including scalable systems and technology.
- Manage accounting associates.
- Create and refine accounting processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation and public accounting experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years in a senior accounting or finance operations lead role
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strongly proficient in QuickBooks Online
- Experience utilizing a CRM (Salesforce)
- SaaS accounting experience is advantageous
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter, can work independently, and is comfortable asking questions across the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and responsibilities.
- Willing to adapt to change.
- Maintain a service mindset.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Receive and provide feedback well.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to build strong relationships across the company.
The ideal candidate will also be:
- Be willing to adapt to change.
- Have a service mindset.
- Have a desire to learn and grow.
- Receive feedback well.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Be able to build strong relationships across the company.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Ability to work in a fully remote environment (must be based in the U.S. and willing to work in Central Time Zone).
- Medical, dental, and vision plan offerings along with 401(k).
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- Other Voluntary Benefits include additional Life Insurance, Spouse Life Insurance, and Accident Insurance.
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that has real impact in the world.
- A diverse workforce and inclusive environment that embraces unique contributions and experiences.
- An empowered culture that encourages creativity and professional growth
How to Apply:
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S.
- If interested, please email your resume to [email protected].