We are currently seeking a talented Machine Learning Engineer to join us as we develop our data-driven, analytics-focused products designed to revolutionize the law enforcement sector. As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build and deploy machine learning models into production by utilizing state of the art tools/algorithms and methodologies following DevOps and a test-driven development process
- Work in cross-functional agile teams of highly skilled engineers, data scientists, designers, product managers to build the AI ecosystem
- Build and maintain large-scale analytics infrastructure required for the AI projects
If you are interested in working with passionate and intelligent individuals dedicated to positively impacting society through data, technology and applied analytics we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity for you.
- Integrate analytics infrastructure with IT infrastructure/service and custom, internal ETL tools
- Develop standard components to address pain points in machine learning projects, like model lifecycle management, feature store, and data quality evaluation
- Build machine learning pipelines for extracting thousands of variables across 10s/100s of millions of records
- Collaborate with the Benchmark Research Team and other employees to build/enhance user-centered data products and test and scale new algorithms
The ideal Machine Learning Engineer will be someone who has:
- Master’s in computer science, data science, statistics, or applied math is preferred, but all applicants are considered based on education, experience, and demonstrated skills
- Ability to apply software development best practices into machine learning projects, including unit test, DevOps integration, release management, and test-driven development:
- Ability to transform proof of concept machine learning models into scalable solutions
- Ability to automate development process of machine learning project by leveraging state of the art tools and technology like container, continuous integration and delivery, orchestration tools, etc.
- Experience using cloud-based architectures to build, maintain, and deploy algorithms. AWS experience is preferred.
- Skilled Python programmer who is confident in building out machine learning pipelines:
- Confident in using git and GitLab/GitHub to build code repositories
- Ability to develop classes and functions using software engineering best practices
- The ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines:
- Ability to anticipate challenging situations and proactively plan appropriate actions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations)
- Able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
- Strong sense for working and communicating well with others:
- Has empathy for colleagues and customers
- Able to receive and respond positively to feedback
- Able to effectively communicate across multiple levels (customers, team members, managers) in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are:
Founded by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS technology startup housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s Northside. In partnership with the University of Chicago (who is part owner of our company), we are building a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement human capital management. Our series of predictive tools help police departments support officers along a wellness continuum and provides individualized, research-based interventions and supports.
We are a double-bottom line company – our management team is comprised of former police officers, former city officials, and current change makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government….and in this case, improve policing. If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, and building amazing software we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand. We’re an agile, fast-growing company and you’ll get to do much more as the company grows.
What We Offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing company with a purpose
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that is making a difference within the institution of policing and law enforcement
- The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
- We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building!
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to be considered for the Machine Learning Engineer position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]