We are currently seeking a talented Lead Data Analyst to join us as we develop our data driven, analytic focused and predictive products to help revolutionize the law enforcement risk management ecosystem. As a Lead Data Analyst, you’ll get to:
- Build reporting, analytics, dashboards, and models that drive insight to our customers;
- Work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will build data pipelines, design meaningful dashboards, and generate insights from data;
- Collaborate with team members across the organization to build insightful tools that enhance Benchmark Analytics’ products.
If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, risk modeling, research and data analytics, and have strong entrepreneurial spirit we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity for you.
- Manipulate large file-based and relational datasets to understand trends and patterns in customer data
- Perform analytical work requiring knowledge of administrative principles and analytic practices
- Write, review, and maintain python code for performing data aggregations and manipulations
- Work with stakeholders to drive decisions and measure progress through data analysis
- Deliver analyses using a variation of tools & statistical methods to communicate and allow others to explore the analysis
- Support process documentation as necessary to prepare the team and company for growth/scale
- Prepare presentations and reports based on the outputs of research/analysis
- Educate and learn from internal teams on analytics best practices, relevant knowledge and specific skills
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Work with the research, product, and engineering teams to iteratively improve results
- Experience in the ETL process and database management
- Experience in Exploratory Data Analysis
- Experience in technical algorithm/scripting development (e.g., Excel formulas, Stata, R, python, SQL, SAS etc.)
- Strong communication skills and ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced startup environment
- The ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines;
- Empathy for colleagues and customers;
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations);
- Ability to anticipate challenging situations and proactively plan appropriate actions;
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels (customers, team members, managers)
- Strong statistical sense (ability to understand central tendency, patterns within numbers, and how statistical results relate to the real world)
- Strong technical aptitude and technical acquisition skills (ability to work with and develop skills in technical products)
- Ability to convey information using data visualizations
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Experience with data analysis software. (R, Tableau, python, SAS, Stata, etc.)
- Experience with spatial mapping platforms and data formats
- Experience with insurance loss exposure data sets
- Strong MS Excel skills (complex formulas, VLOOKUP, pivot tables)
- Experience with agile analytic practice
The Ideal Candidate Will Also Be:
- Learning-Oriented: Willingly accepts assignments that broaden capabilities, learns from experiences, and demonstrates a personal commitment to continuous learning
- Flexible: Is flexible in dealing with change, responds promptly and calmly to changes, and changes plans as necessary
- Dedicated to Continuous Improvement: Follows up on new ideas, develops and implements plans for improvement, and takes personal responsibility for growth
- Creative & Innovative: Finds new ways to improve processes, generates new ideas to meet business needs, and extends thinking beyond conventional limits
- Prepared & Organized: Balances planning with the need for action, anticipates problems and plans accordingly, and devises logical sequences of activity to accomplish project goals
- Solution-Focused & Analytical: Actively seeks solutions to problems without being asked, balances logic and intuition, and asks for input and assistance
- Collaborative & Team-Oriented: Develops and maintains effective relationships with colleagues by building rapport, inviting feedback, and driving collective problem solving
- Resilient: Accepts and learns from failure, stays constructive when criticized, and accepts feedback positively
Who We Are:
At Benchmark Analytics, we are a team comprised of former police personnel, city officials, and current change makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government. Founded by a seasoned group of serial software entrepreneurs who have years of experience in policing and city governance, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS solutions provider housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s north side. Our company mission is to help law enforcement agencies serve their communities in a way that builds and maintains community trust. In collaboration with our University research partners, we have built an evidence-based analytics platform for law enforcement workforce management and early intervention.
- Unlimited vacation/sick time
- Awesome BCBS health benefits as well as dental, vision and life
- 401(k) employer match
- Young company, room for career growth as the company grows
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building!
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications for those candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply for the Lead Data Analyst position, please email your resume to: [email protected].