We are currently seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer to join us to ensure we build our data-driven, analytic-focused and predictive UI product as we continue to grow our predictive analytics business. As a Full Stack Engineer, you will get to:
- Build the Analytics UI systems that power our products.
- Work on projects that span technologies, systems and processes where you will design, test and ship great code.
- Collaborate with the Benchmark Research Team members across the organization to build mission critical features that power Benchmark Analytics’ products.
If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand.
Working with leadership and peers to:
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end to end
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Integrate with the DevOps and QA teams to create highly available deployments and CI/CD pipelines
- Design, build and maintain the interfaces that our customers interact with
- Improve engineering standards, tooling and processes.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate will be someone who has:
- Experience with JWT, ReactJS and NodeJS
- Experience with embedding BI tools into platforms (e.g., Izenda, Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- A passion about performance, accessibility, and API design with SQL knowledge
- Experience working on a performant frontend and backend applications
- Experience working cross-functionally with the full stack UI knowledge and code to do what it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Pride in holding yourself and others to high standards when working in production
- Experience troubleshooting problems throughout the stack
- A focus on the needs of our users, both internal and external
- Empathy with their users and colleagues and intent on creating great experiences
- Skills for upholding best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Knowledge to understand your way around cloud services platforms
Projects You Could Work On:
- Helping the team define the future of our analytics UI architecture
- Establishing best practices for the Analytics UI team
- Collaborate with our DevOps practice to fine tune highly available deployments both in Cloud and data center environments
- Developing and implementing a strategy for automated test coverage and continual improvement across this goal
Who We Are:
Founded by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS technology startup housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s Northside. In partnership with the University of Chicago (who is part owner of our company), we are building a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement human capital management. Our series of predictive tools help police departments support officers along a wellness continuum and provides individualized, research-based interventions and supports.
We are a double-bottom line company – our management team is comprised of former police officers, former city officials, and current change makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government….and in this case, improve policing. If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, and building amazing software we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand. We’re an agile, fast-growing company and you’ll get to do much more as the company grows.
What We Offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing company with a purpose
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that is making a difference within the institution of policing and law enforcement
- The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
- We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building!
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply, please email your resume to [email protected].