We are currently seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to join us as we continue to grow our SaaS and on-premise infrastructure to scale our quickly growing user base. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll get to:
- Design, implement, and maintain infrastructure to enable stable and performant applications in AWS GovCloud and on-premise;
- Collaborate with team members across the organization to build/enhance CI/CD and traditional deployment architecture;
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies to monitor for problems and solve them.
If you are interested in building the platform for improving public sector operations, we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand.
Working with a team of DevOps personnel across specialties…
- Design, build and maintain the scalable and generic infrastructure used by Benchmark Analytics’ engineering team and applications;
- Plan for the growth of Benchmark Analytics’ infrastructure in the cloud while supporting limited on-premise deployments;
- Integrate with the engineering and QA teams to provide Infrastructure as a Service;
- Design, implement and maintain CI/CD tools and frameworks for robust deployments (currently in GitLab);
- Provide tooling and support for the Benchmark engineering team deployment processes;
- Design, implement, and maintain monitoring for all components of application, infrastructure, and deployment;
- Provide services to core monitoring/observability functionality and develop frameworks for engineers to interact with these services;
- Build monitoring/alerting systems and dashboards that inform engineering, product, and executives;
- Problem solving
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end;
- Participate in an on-call schedule.
The ideal candidate will be someone who:
- Has 3-5 years of experience in DevOps:
- Experience with high availability distributed infrastructure
- Experience with implementing and improving CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with AWS tooling (EC2, ECS, ELB, VPC, S3 etc)
- Strong Unix shell experience for setting up environments and deploying applications
- Experience with infrastructure as code (ie terraform)
- Experience working in python
- Experience troubleshooting problems throughout the stack
- Has the ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Works and communicates well with others:
- Has empathy for colleagues and customers
- Able to receive and respond positively to feedback
- Able to work independently with limited guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations);
- Able to effectively communicate across multiple levels (team members, managers) in a fast-paced environment
- Able to focus on the needs of our users, both internal and external
Who We Are:
Founded by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS technology startup housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s Northside. In partnership with the University of Chicago (who is part owner of our company), we are building a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement human capital management. Our series of predictive tools help police departments support officers along a wellness continuum and provides individualized, research-based interventions and supports.
We are a double-bottom line company – our management team is comprised of former police officers, former city officials, and current change makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government….and in this case, improve policing. If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, and building amazing software we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand. We’re an agile, fast-growing company and you’ll get to do much more as the company grows.
What we offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing company with a purpose
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that is making a difference within the institution of policing and law enforcement
- The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
- We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building!
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply for the DevOps Engineer role, please email your resume to [email protected].