We are currently seeking a talented Data Scientist to join us as we develop our data driven, analytic-focused products designed to revolutionize the law enforcement sector. As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build, review, and refine machine learning models related to improving the management of law enforcement officers;
- Build data pipelines for extracting thousands of variables across 10s/100s of millions of records;
- Collaborate with the Benchmark Research Team and other employees to build/enhance user-centered data products
If you are interested in working with passionate and intelligent individuals dedicated to positively impacting society through data, then we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience that first-hand.
- Build, improve, and validate machine learning and statistical models related to law enforcement risk, mitigation efforts and measure efficacy
- Build and implement data pipelines to transform/reshape data
- Write, review, and maintain python code and configurations (SQL/JSON/etc.) for machine learning models in production
- Prepare presentations and reports based on the results of work/analysis
- Create process documentation as necessary to prepare the team and company for growth/scale
- Collaborate with other data scientists and analysts to support product improvement
- Work with stakeholders to drive decisions and measure progress
- Build and review test cases for modeling processes and pipelines
- Educate and learn from internal teams on best practices, relevant knowledge, and specific skills
- Work with the research, product, and engineering teams to iteratively improve results
The ideal candidate will be someone who has:
- Masters in quantitative field or computer science preferred, but all applicants considered based on education, experience and demonstrated skills (eg Kaggle project, GitHub repositories)
- A zeal for building, refining, and delivering machine learning models
- Experience building and selecting machine learning models (eg, logistic regression, decision trees, random forest, SVM, etc) to solve real world business problems or answer academic questions.
- Experience in building data pipelines that include flat files, structured files, and relational databases
- Skilled python programmer who is confident in creating statistical models, functions, and classes using Python.
- Proficient in using git and GitLab/Github to collaborate on code repositories
- Strong sense of process (ability to understand how steps relate to each other to achieve end results)
- Strong data and numeric sense (central tendency, patterns vs noise, etc.) o Able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
- The ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to anticipate challenging situations and proactively plan appropriate actions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations)
- Strong sense for working and communicating well with others:
- Has empathy for colleagues and customers
- Able to receive and respond positively to feedback
- Able to effectively communicate across multiple levels (customers, team members, managers) in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are:
At Benchmark Analytics, we are a team comprised of former police personnel, city officials, and current change makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government. Founded by a seasoned group of serial software entrepreneurs who have years of experience in policing and city governance, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS solutions provider housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s north side. Our company mission is to help law enforcement agencies serve their communities in a way that builds and maintains community trust. In collaboration with our University research partners, we have built an evidence-based analytics platform for law enforcement workforce management and early intervention.
- Unlimited vacation/sick time
- Awesome BCBS health benefits as well as dental, vision and life
- 401(k) employer match
- Young company, room for career growth as the company grows
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building!
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to be considered for the Data Scientist position, please send your resume to [email protected]