Who We Are:
We are a team comprised of former police personnel, city officials, and current change makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government. Founded by a seasoned group of serial software entrepreneurs who have years of experience in policing and city governance, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS solutions provider housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s north side. Our company mission is to help law enforcement agencies serve their communities in a way that builds and maintains community trust. In collaboration with our University research partners, we have built an evidence-based analytics platform for law enforcement workforce management and early intervention.
We are currently seeking a talented Data Scientist III to join us as we develop our data driven, analytic-focused products designed to revolutionize the law enforcement sector. As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build, review, and refine machine learning models related to improving the management of law enforcement officers
- Deploy and monitor models in production, while supporting the evolution of the Machine Learning Infrastructure
- Mentor Junior Data Scientists and Data Analysts
- Collaborate with the Benchmark Research Team and other employees to build/enhance user-centered data products
If you are interested in working with passionate and intelligent individuals dedicated to positively impacting society through data, then we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience that first-hand.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate will be someone who has:
- Master’s in data science, statistics or computer science preferred, but all applicants are considered based on education, experience and demonstrated skills (e.g., GitHub repository of projects)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building, refining, selecting and deploying machine learning models to production
- Robust knowledge of statistics and data analysis
- Confident in crafting SQL queries to pull data from database
- Skilled python programmer who is confident in creating statistical models and classes using Python
- Able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
- The ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
What We Offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup.
- We cover 75% of Medical Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, 401k retirement savings plan.
- The opportunity to transform law enforcement in the US.
The Fine Print:
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits package (e.g., 401k, BlueCross health care, flexible PTO).
Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications for those candidates who are authorized to work in the US.