We are currently seeking a talented Data Pipeline Analyst to join us as we develop our data driven, analytic focused and predictive products to help revolutionize the law enforcement sector. As a Data Pipeline Analyst, you’ll get to:
- Build and implement data pipelines touching millions of records and spanning multiple customer systems;
- Design meaningful dashboard to enhance pipelines and data processes;
- collaborate with team members across the organization to build/enhance data architecture.
If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand.
- Extract, clean, and transform data from large file-based and server-based datasets
- Build and implement data pipelines to transform/reshape data
- Design and optimize advanced SQL queries
- Provide input / feedback on data structures
- Write, review, and maintain code and configurations (SQL/JSONYAML/etc) for performing data aggregations and manipulations
- Work with stakeholders to drive decisions and measure progress through data analysis
- Analyze pipeline processes, identify bugs and inefficiencies, suggest improvements, write test cases
- Support process documentation as necessary to prepare the team and company for growth/scale
- Prepare presentations and reports based on the results of work/analysis
- Educate and learn from internal teams on data pipeline best practices, relevant knowledge and specific skills
- Work with the research, product, and engineering teams to critique and iteratively improve results
The ideal candidate will be someone who:
- Enjoys writing queries, looking at data, and testing assumptions:
- Experience with ETL processes and relational databases
- Experience in Exploratory Data Analysis
- Experience in technical code/scripting development (e.g., SQL, Python, Excel formulas, etc.) with excellent understanding of SQL
- Strong data sense (understand central tendency, patterns within numbers, etc)
- Strong technical aptitude and technical acquisition skills (ability to work with and develop skills in technical products)
- Has a strong sense of process (ability to understand how steps relate to each other to achieve end results)
- Has the ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Works and communicates well with others:
- Has empathy for colleagues and customers
- Able to receive and respond positively to feedback
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations);
- Able to effectively communicate across multiple levels (customers, team members, managers) in a fast-paced environment
What we offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup
- We cover 75% of Medical Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, 401k retirement savings plan and 3% employer contribution.
- The opportunity to transform law enforcement in the US.
The fine print and how to apply:
- Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building.
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.