We are currently seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join us to build a robust and scalable data platform as we continue to grow our predictive analytics business. As a Data Engineer, you will get to:
- Build and implement ETL data processes touching millions of records and spanning multiple customer systems;
- Design, enhance and automate end-to-end data platform processes;
- Collaborate with the Benchmark Research Team members across the organization that focus on improving product data quality, data pipeline efficiency and data platform performance.
If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand.
- Build a high-speed, high-capacity data system (multi-tenant data lake and databases)
- Build automated tools for importing data from our transactional platform
- Build dynamic, high performance system for processing millions of records daily
- Manage an existing python-based toolset for ETL (django+airflow) and modeling (Scikit learn and licensed software)
- Build tools to intergrade, deploy, monitor, and archive machine learning models developed by our data scientists
- Extract and transform data from large file-based and server-based datasets
- Write, review and maintain code and configurations for performing data aggregations and manipulations.
- Work with leadership and peers to drive decisions and measure progress through agile and scrum processes.
- Analyze entire ETL processes, identify inefficiencies, suggest improvement.
- Support process documentation as necessary to prepare the team and company for growth/scale
- Prepare presentations and reports based on the results of work/analysis
- Educate and learn from internal teams on ETL data engineering best practices, relevant knowledge and specific skills
- Work with the research, product, and engineering teams to critique and iteratively improve results
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate will be someone who:
- Has at least 3 to 5 years of experience in engineering data pipeline, analytics infrastructure and integrating platforms:
- Experience with building python-based data pipeline and ETL systems
- Experience building applications for end-users and in-house analysts
- Experience with Python 3
- Experience working with and without AWS infrastructure/software
- Experience troubleshooting problems throughout the stack
- Enjoys writing queries, looking at data, and testing assumptions:
- Excellent understanding of ETL processes and relational databases
- Strong in data engineering development technologies (e.g., SQL, Python, Django) and data sense
- Strong technical aptitude and technical acquisition skills (ability to work with and develop skills in technical products)
- Has a strong sense of process (ability to understand how steps relate to each other to achieve end results)
- Has the ability to successfully mange multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Works and communicates well with others:
- Has empathy for colleagues and customers
- Able to receive and respond positively to feedback
- Able to work independently with reasonable guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations)
- Able to effectively communicate across multiple levels (team members, managers) in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are:
Founded by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS technology startup housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s Northside. In partnership with the University of Chicago (who is part owner of our company), we are building a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement human capital management. Our series of predictive tools help police departments support officers along a wellness continuum and provides individualized, research-based interventions and supports.
We are a double-bottom line company – our management team is comprised of former police officers, former city officials, and current change makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government….and in this case, improve policing. If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, and building amazing software we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand. We’re an agile, fast-growing company and you’ll get to do much more as the company grows.
What We Offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing company with a purpose
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that is making a difference within the institution of policing and law enforcement
- The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
- We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building!
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply for the Data Engineer role, please email your resume to [email protected].