Benchmark Analytics is looking for a Business Analyst who thrives in an interactive team-centered environment. Reporting directly to the Technical Product Manager, you will be part of a team whose focus is data transformation, analytics, and dashboards. The ideal candidate has familiarity with technical concepts – SQL, JSON, ETL – and QA in addition to a strong foundation of business and data analysis.
- Assist Product Manager and Lead Business Analyst/Scrum Master with development, implementation, and management of requirements
- Create detailed specifications for requirements beyond agile scrum user stories — use case scenarios, test cases, and wireframes/mockups
- Groom requirements with engineers to get Level of Effort estimates
- Coordinate and perform technical QA and user-centric UAT
- Setup data to support test cases
- Act as Scrum Master to lead agile ceremonies (sprints, standups, retrospectives, etc.) when needed
- Provide support with risk management, release management, and facilitate release planning activities including demonstrating solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business or MIS/CIS preferred)
- 2+ years of Business and/or Data Analysis experience preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience with the software development life cycle and Agile framework using Scrum or Kanban
Who You Are:
- Solution-Focused & Analytical: Actively seeks solutions to problems without being asked, balances logic and intuition, and asks for input and assistance
- Collaborative & Team-Oriented: Develops and maintains effective relationships with colleagues by building rapport, inviting feedback, and driving collective problem solving
- Flexible: Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, responds promptly and calmly to changes, and changes plans as necessary
- Prepared & Organized: Balances planning with the need for action, anticipates problems and plans accordingly, and devises logical sequences of activity to accomplish project goals
- Dedicated to Continuous Improvement: Follows up on new ideas, develops and implements plans for improvement, and takes personal responsibility for growth
- Creative & Innovative: Finds new ways to improve processes, generates new ideas to meet business needs, and extends thinking beyond conventional limits
- Resilient: Accepts and learns from failure, stays constructive when criticized, and accepts feedback positively
Who We Are:
Founded by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs, Benchmark Analytics is a SaaS technology startup housed in the Ravenswood technology corridor on Chicago’s Northside. In partnership with the University of Chicago (who is part owner of our company), we are building a predictive analytics platform for law enforcement human capital management. Our series of predictive tools help police departments support officers along a wellness continuum and provides individualized, research-based interventions and supports.
We are a double-bottom line company – our management team is comprised of former police officers, former city officials, and current change makers who believe in (and have witnessed) the power of data to transform government….and in this case, improve policing. If you are interested in the intersection of public sector operations, research and data analytics, and building amazing software we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience it first-hand. We’re an agile, fast-growing company and you’ll get to do much more as the company grows.
What We Offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing company with a purpose
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that is making a difference within the institution of policing and law enforcement
- The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
- We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building!
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Due to the nature of our work, you must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- If you’d like to be considered for the Business Analyst position, please send your resume to [email protected].