We are hiring an Associate Product Owner to support our product team. Reporting directly to the Director of Product, you will be responsible for participating and leading both discovery and development to achieve a specific product goal. A successful candidate must be energized by building deep customer empathy, collaborating with design and development, optimizing team processes, and utilizing data to monitor project success. You will build strong customer relationships to validate our solutions are solving the right problems and ensure that our product is client-focused, creating exceptional user experiences and actualizing the project goals.
- Roadmap / Backlog Management: You will set the roadmap for your product domain in partnership with business leaders and maintain a well-groomed backlog of user stories for the development team to complete.
- Lead Scrum Teams: You will lead the efforts of your scrum team as the Product Owner. You will keep abreast of Agile / Scrum best practices and seek to implement them within your team.
- Product Requirements & Design: You will partner with cross-functional team members to collect and document detailed product requirements. Additionally, you will bring a creative eye to our team by working alongside our UX team to design high quality, intuitive products for our end users.
- Quality Assurance: You will ensure the quality of each product that you design by thoroughly testing each user story. You will also support other Product team members in the planning and execution of large-scale alpha and beta tests to validate product capabilities.
- Product Launch: You will define and project manage the launch of new products to our users. You will help train internal end users and create applicable documentation for your products.
- Continuous Product Improvement: You will identify and action opportunities for product improvement identified through quantitative measurement and feedback from end users.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Deep understanding and application of user requirements elicitation methods and techniques along with the development of user stories applied within the context of a scrum framework
- 2+ years experience as a Product Owner on an agile software development team
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships across throughout the company
- High empathy and excellent interpersonal skills
- Candidates with related degrees and extensive training in product management
- Typically, 5+ years of product management experience in a fast paced technology driven company (preferably SaaS)
- Experience working for an early to late-stage startup
- Experience with mission-critical business operations and 24×7 support/uptime
The ideal candidate will also be:
- Comfortable under pressure, with high-stakes deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Keen to create something and take personal ownership in building and growing a team
- Able to communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and product managers
- Fearless about learning with a service mindset
- Adept at managing time well
- Passionate about our double-bottom line philosophy
What We Offer:
- A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing, young company
- The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that makes a big difference in the world
- The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
- A competitive base salary and flexible PTO policy
- We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
- Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building.
- Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
- If you’d like to apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.